Happy New Year and welcome to 2020!
Today I have decided that 2020 is going to be a good year – much better than last year!
I have filmed a FlossTube (FlossTube discussing my Year in Review; but here are the questions for you all! I found them on Kim’s stitchy blog (My Life in Stitches) and the original ‘tag’ was done by Jessie Marie (Jessie Marie Does Stuff). The post was posted in 2017, so I just edited for my 2019 year:
Favorites (F) / Least Favorites (LF)
1. WIP: F – “Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble” & LF – “Class Schedule” SAL
2. Finish: F – the three mandalas from Ink Circles & LF – my grandfather’s Christmas card
3. FFO: F – My “Happy Camper” banner & LF – my grandfather’s Christmas card
4. New Start: F – SYOA SAL from Cunning Cross Stitch & LF – Class Schedule SAL
5. Tool: F – Needle minder & LF – my green ‘tension’ hoop
6. Technique: Not tried a new technique
7. Material: I love my 14 count Aida as usual but I have struggled with 20 count…
8. Pattern release of 2019: ooh so many! I have fallen love with Alyssa’s designs at Stitchonomy
9. WIPs at the start of year? Five
10. WIPs at the end of the year? Seven
11. Starts during the year? 15 – 25, list count!
12. Finishes during the year? 30+ as I’m counting my ATCs
13. FFOs? 30+ as I’m still counting my ATCs
14. UFOs – temporary? Yeah, my ‘green swirls’ piece, but I will be restarting it soon!
15. UFOs – permanent? None
16. Full coverage pages complete? Zero, almost though – “Road to Emmaus” piece that I designed!
First and Last
17. Start: ‘Harry Potter House Banners” by Cloudsfactory
18. Finish: ‘Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble’ by Ink Circles
19. Purchase? Class Schedule SAL, sorry – I should have waited
20. Starting? Class Schedule SAL
21. Stopping? My ‘green swirls’
22. Not participating? The Tiny Modernist SALs
New / New to You
23. Tool: no e
24. Technique / Stitch: None
25. Designer: Stitchonomy
26. Fabric: 20 count Aida
27. Thread: Cottage Garden Threads
28. Vendor / Shop: Stitchonomy
29. Terminology: none
30. FlossTube Channels: so many! I’ve been working my way through my list!
A Mix of Questions
31. What did you learn this year? That stitching from stash goes work for me and destashing helps a lot!
32. What did you teach someone this year? How to attend and pack for retreats
33. Did you become real life friends with any stitchers you only knew via social media previously? Yeah, Donna who I “met” before a retreat
34. Are you happy with what you accomplished this year? Yeah I am
35. Similarly, what were your goals for 2019? How do they measure up to what you accomplished? I wanted to finish as many projects as possible
36. Has your stitching style or organization changed during the year? If so, how? If no, are there any changes or improvements you’d like to make? Yes, I bought a large bobbin box to hold all of my DMC threads
37. Did you fall victim to FOMO (Fear of Missing Out)? Were there any projects that you would pass on starting if you were given the chance to go back in time and do all over? I wish I taken part in the SALs organised by Tiny Modernist
38. Did you participate in any SALs? If so, which one was your favorite? I did – Winter and Halloween SALs by Stitchonomy were my favourites
39. What did you learn about yourself through your stitching this year? That when I organise myself I can achieve it
40. What was your favorite event that you participated in this year? Halloween SAL
41. Were there any 2019 “Stitching Fads” that you didn’t jump on the bandwagon for but you’re still considering? The Tiny Modernist SALs
42. What project are you most looking forward to starting? Homely Houseplants // Year if SALs
43. What project are you most looking forward to finishing? My Class Schedule and SYOA SALs
44. Do you intend to be more determined or laid back in your stitching in the coming year? More determined
45. What event are you most looking forward to participating in? #24HOCS
46. What are your stitchy resolutions for next year? To fully finish some more items!
47. Will you be participating in any SALs? Yes! Year of SALs SAL, Nerdstitchalong SAL, SYOA SAL to name a few!
48. Are there any materials / stitches / techniques you’d like to try in the new year? Nope
49. What was the best thing that happened to you this year? Going on retreats and meeting new people!
50. What are your resolutions for next year? To attend 4 retreats – 2 at Crewe and 2 at Milton Keynes – and to start streaming three times a week
Until the next row…